5.17.2014

Rembrandt Master Copy




This blog is kind of all over the place... excuse the mess! But I just realized how I never posted one of my favorite paintings I did and wanted to share it, cause I'm super proud of it! It's a master copy of Rembrandt's "Jeremiah Lamenting the Destruction of Jerusalem". The final painting isn't that big - about 23" high - so all the little details had to be done with toothpicks. I finished it in Richard Houston's summer painting workshop a few terms ago. Oil on panel and took about 2 months!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I wasn't sure if it was an original. I saw the brighter colors and assumed you did it. I saw it didn't have a comment yet and thought a great painting like this deserves to be recognized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yeah it's a photo of an original master copy; a little out of place on this blog, but I wanted to share it. Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

      Delete