12.14.2014

A Madeline animated movie?

I wish for an animated Madeline movie a lot! I grew up with this series and wanted to interpret it as a full-length feature. Here is a bit of what I imagine it to look like. I feel like I'm just beginning to get to the look of it, so it's kind of an ongoing project. I think a large scale Madeline film should feel like a mix of Amélie (whimsical), Coraline (quirky), and Tangled (magical) in mood... with a soundtrack by Yann Tiersen as well as lots of great accordion tunes! Now I just need to go to Paris 


Mock poster painting of the girls "leaving the house at half past nine"

"We love our bread, we love our butter, but most of all we love each other"








"Where's Genevieve?"



And here is my grad wall! If I had more time I would have gone all-out and added vines, streetlamps, and maybe a fake gramophone. But I'm happy with the way it turned out :D